Sunday, November 26, 2017

MORE HUNGARIAN HONVED INFANTRY IN THE PIPELINE

 Hungarian Honved Infantry Advancing in Kepi (ERH14) from the Steve Barber website.

Work, Thanksgiving travel, and some upcoming travel for family issues have suppressed blog-worthy gaming activity recently. However, there is some news to report. I was pleasantly surprised during a recent visit to the Steve Barber website to find several of the figures that I had commissioned being offered: the much-anticipated Hungarian infantry in Kepi (above) and the Hungarian officer advancing with sword (below). As usual, you may clix pix for BIG PIX in this post.
  Hungarian Honved Officer Advancing With Sword (ERH13) from the Steve Barber website.

These were among a few recent releases in the range (and there are more in the works, to include several more of my commissions). I promptly placed an order for the new infantry in kepi, along with the new officer variant. Of course, that wasn't all...

Hungarian Honved Infantry Advancing With Fur Hat (ERH16) from the Steve Barber website.


I couldn't resist adding these Hungarians in fur caps to the order, another nice addition to the line (although not commissioned by me).  All of these figures should help to kickstart my winter painting campaign, among other hobby activities. With these figures, I'm looking forward to adding a "red cap" and a "white cap" unit to my Honved forces, along with a unit in fur caps.

Another development was the recent release of the Transylvanian infantry...

Hungarian Transylvanian Infantry Advancing (ERH9) from the Steve Barber website: commissioned (and also expertly painted) by the Grey Herron

...interesting to compare the above figures with the conversions (below) that I had done to create the same prior to them becoming available (and prior to me knowing that they would be)...
 ...for the curious, I documented the production of my Transylvanian conversions in an earlier post.

 These figures should round out my Hungarian infantry, which, together with the Rifles and Transylvanians,  should present quite a colorful array when complete.

13 comments:

  1. Lovely figures, looks great,especially on the last picture...wonderful painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phil, I hope to produce a consistent set once these new ones arrive.

      Delete
  2. Hi Ed, thanks for commissioning the figures. Karen, Steve's wife sculpted the fur hat.

    My third commission is completed except for the rocket and 6lb foot cannon. Steve has indicated that the rocket should be completed during the Christmas period followed soon after by the cannon. They will then require to be moulded and cast alongside my other 2nd commissioned work.

    My third commission is underway. Two head conversions based on the Honved Infantryman advancing (ERH 2) them being a pulled shako an a Porge Kalap. Two national guard and two Polish Legion (both being an officer an a infantryman). General Bem mounted plus the Hungarians (full dress in Austrian service and in march attack stance) alongside three more German legionnaires(total six for the German Legion).

    Hussars in 1849 uniform (campaign dress) two more Honved rifles and the Italian Legion plus National Guards with Scythes will complete my fourth commission which is planned for early next year.

    Austrians and Russians will follow.

    Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

    Best regards,

    GH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, GH, I think my contributions help to round out the field that you have promoted. I am really glad to hear of the General Bem figure. I have commissioned a mounted command figure, although not a general, so once those come online, we'll have a nice range of command figures.

      Delete
    2. I agree and once again thank you for your commissions.

      Delete
  3. Great looking models, Ed! Your commission work is paying dividends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jonathan. Given the far ranging commissions, it looks like one of the most colorful armies--that nobody has heard about:) --could have one of the most complete set of figures available this side of a mainstream Napoleonic force!

      Delete
  4. Lovely looking Hungarians and Transylvanians lots of lovely knotting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iain, I was just thinking about the Hungarian knots to come that will need to be painted, too!

      Delete
  5. Those Hungarians in the fur caps - lovely. You got to get some of those!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...